Welcome to the Department of Statistics’ Strategic Planning website
The arrival of Brani Vidakovic as our new Department Head marks an opportunity for the Department to develop a new strategic plan. Here are some critical details about the strategic planning process.
Why, What, How:
- The goal is to have a strategic plan in place to guide the department’s growth and evolution over the coming five to 10 years.
- We will use the SOAR method to identify for our department: Strengths, Opportunities, Aspirations, and Results.
To learn more about the SOAR process click here.
- Our strategic planning process will be transparent and inclusive. We will engage all constituents (faculty, staff, administrators, students, donors, etc.) to achieve broad buy-in and successful implementation
Steering Committee Members
- Co-Chairs: Daren Cline, Matthias Katzfuss
- Members: Brani Vidakovic, Alan Dabney, Huiyan Sang, Kim Ritchie, Dilma Da Silva (Comp Sci), Peter Mueller (UT Austin)
- Process Consultant: Mary Lea McAnally (Mays Business School)