Statistics Ph.D. Admissions
Application Deadline for Fall 2024: January 10, 2024
Prospective Statistics Ph.D. students apply online through the Texas A&M GraduateCAS.
• Create an Account to get started at the GraduateCAS. Please select “Fall 2024 Statistics Ph.D.” from the Add Program list, an applicant can only apply to one degree-seeking program within the Texas A&M system per application cycle.
• Documents and information: Complete all 4 quadrants, Personal Information, Academic History, Supporting Information and Program Materials. Upload the required documents in each quadrant: CV/resume in Supporting Information, non-official transcripts in Academy History and Personal Statement (or Statement of Purpose) in Program Materials quadrant. Official transcripts are required only if you are admitted and intend to enroll.
Applicants who wish to be nominated for the Dr. Doniel Aviles ’53 and Dr. James Johnson ’67 Fellowship Program must include a justification statement. Please upload the statement as an optional document (select “Other”) under the Program Materials quadrant.
• Test Scores:You can self-report standardized test scores or report tests planned to take in the graduateCAS. Official scores must be sent directly from the testing service, institution code for Texas A&M University is 6003.
GRE scores: GRE scores are not required for applications submitted for Fall 2024 admissions.
TOEFL scores: Applicants whose native language is not English are required to submit TOEFL scores. TOEFL scores should be sent directly from Educational Testing Service (ETS).
• Letters of Recommendation: Provide the contact information of your referees in the Program Materials quadrant. An email request will automatically be sent to each referee on your behalf.
• Application fee: The application fee is nonrefundable and must be paid at the time of submission.
Fee waiver for domestic applicants – The Department of Statistics offers a fee waiver to applicants who are citizens or permanent residents of the US. The application fee will automatically be waived based on the response to the fee waiver qualification question in the Program Materials quadrant.
International applicants – Fee waivers are not available for international students. However, the Department will reimburse the application fee to those who receive our admission and accept our offer.
Please contact our Graduate Advisor, Ms. Andrea Dawson at email@example.com for application questions.